Outdoor Winter Activities
It’s that time of year again! Snow is falling, people are singing, and kids are getting bundled up to play outside. Embrace the cold weather and find something fun to do in the snow this year.
On the weekend, go out with your family & friends and try:
- Snow –tubing
- Snow shoeing
Make your summer activities into winter ones! Play:
- Snow golf
- Snow soccer
- Snow Frisbee
Other fun activities:
- Head to a local skating rink – skate to the music, do laps, maybe even a game of shinny
- Try curling
- Create your own outdoor art gallery in the snow, using spray bottles with water and food colouring
- Shovel the driveway or sidewalk
- Make a snow fort or a snowman
- Go for a family walk in the snow
- Plan a winter scavenger hunt. #1 on the list: a deer hoof print!
Make sure you are dressed in layers for the cold winter weather. You will have more fun, and be able to spend more time outside getting fresh air.
Don’t forget to enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate when you come in!