School District No. 36, British Columbia- Surrey
The Early Learning Physical Literacy Project will be implemented in eight inner-city elementary schools, impacting 1,600 students. Physical literacy of children is a gateway to an active healthy lifestyle. The Early Learning Literacy Project will provide supports that teachers need to develop knowledge and skills to ensure all children are exposed to a quality physical education program and have positive and worthwhile experiences.
It is anticipated that the Early Learning Physical Literacy Project will provide positive outcomes such as:
- Building confidence, knowledge, skills & abilities of Kindergarten to Grade 3 teachers in delivering on-going quality physical education classes
- Increased fundamental movement skills in Kindergarten to Grade 3 students.
- Increased sustainable physical activity in elementary schools at the primary level
- Students are more excited and engaged in physical education classes
- Students demonstrate increased participation levels in sports and physical fitness opportunities in school and in the community
Facebook: Surrey Schools